Friday, July 16, 2010

Sunjay Dutt, Bipasha Basu and Kunal Kapoor have come back with stories from the beautiful valley



Sanjay Dutt has forged a strong bond with Kashmir. Hehad shot his first film Rocky there and now, after three decades, PVR Pictures and GS Entertainment's Lamhaa took him back to the valley. The actor says his Kashmiri wife Maanyata has strengthened his bond with the place even more. "Everything about Kashmir has fascinated me right from my childhood, and now being married to a Kashmiri draes me closer to the vally," said the actor, who plays the main protagonist of the film, which tells the story of real people living in a war-ridden state, but who spread the message of peace and harmony. 

If Sanjay could identify with the place, Bipasha Basu could relate to her character - a strong-willed, fiery woman named Aziza, who's a revolutionary. But Bips had a hurdle to overcome. "Intitially, I was not sure whether I could fit the role of a Kashmiri girl because I have a Bengali face. But after director Rahul Dholakia showed me pictures of presented-day Kashmiri whomen - the way they cover their heads, the attire they wear- I was certain that I could play the role. I am an actress, my job is to get into the skin of the character," said Bips, who had many sessions with designer Rocky S to get the perfect look for the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment