Friday, June 25, 2010

Rembering MJ - A Year After The Death Of The King Of Pop, Abdul Halder & Rock Band MLTR reminise about MJ



A Year After The Death Of The King Of Pop, Abdul Halder & Rock Band MLTR reminise about MJ

Abduul Halder, Designer:
I designed seven costumes for MJ on his trip to India in 2002. He wanted costumes of the royal families of several erstwhile princely states of India for his album, Ghost. Her trid costumes from Punjab, the nawab of Luknow, Jaipur, Udaipur, Bengal, Akbari and Maharaja of Gujarat, and liked the Luknowi one the most.

Roberta  Swedien, a classical pianist, Whose father Bruce Swedien was a sound producer for MJ's songs, used to wear my clothes for her concerts. It was she who referred me to Malhotra, to have designed for MJ. I also made a miniature lehenga choli for his daughter, Paris, and a kurta pajama in royal biue for his son, Prince. I bought him bangles and bindis, and his kids brocade shawls nad miniature auto rickshaws. His sense of style was unique. His Frinds used to call him glove and socks. He loved India, our cuisines and the spices.

After his 2002 visit, I was in touch with him for a year-and-a-half. After that, he was out of sync, unwell for a while and then, there were the cases against him. People always tried to misuse him. He was very emotional and lonely, and no one but he could  be blanmed for that. In fact, Janet Jackson was the only one he was close to.
I was his fan Sinece I was Five. So, it was more of  a shock when I was approached to design for him. I live with his music. So, it doesn't feel like he's no more. My favouite MJ track is Liberian Girl from the album Bad.

Mikkel Lentz, lead guitarist of Michael Learns to Rock:

Our band was named after Michael Jackson. I remember his records. He was a very special and funny guy. We were influenced by his music. My favourite MJ track is Thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment